Here they are (in no particular order):
1. 725,000 live under the Heathrow flightpaths. (click on table to enlarge)
eathrow2. It is not essential for London economy: read why http://hacan.org.uk/blog/?p=321
3. London is Europe’s most overflown city: compare plane landing at Barcelona http://youtu.be/pSA_xx0LJ1s
4. Heathrow the only major UK airport where air pollution levels in a few areas remain stubbornly above EU legal limits
5. M25 between junctions 14 and 15 (Heathrow to the M4) the busiest motorway in UK. http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/britains-record-breaking-roads?page=12 …
6. At least 750 homes would be demolished. Lives disturbed and communities destroyed.